MSc Cyber Security 網絡安全 理學碩士
Take this online Cyber Security MSc and become part of the next generation of leading IT security professionals, get equipped to respond rapidly to risks and problems.
The subject is a regular hot topic in the news today on a global scale and online protection has never been more relevant.
About the University
The University of Derby, with origins traced back to 1851, is accredited by British Royal Charter. The University consists of Derby campus and Buxton campus that opened by Prince Charles. In 1995, the University became a charity.
The University offers a wide range of undergraduate and post-graduate degrees. In addition to on-campus study, the University offers an extensive of e-Learning programmes. There are 20,000 students, of whom more than 1,300 overseas students from around 100 countries worldwide.
Accreditation, Recognition, Ranking
- University of Derby is a recognized British University.
- 中國教育部 – 認證資料
Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China – Accreditation Information
(請按此 Please click here)
- Ranked 75 out of 131 Universities in UK (Times Good University Guide 2019).
- Rated Gold Standard Award, Teaching Excellence Framework 2017, by the Department of Education, UK
- Ranked no. 7 in the East Midlands Region, UK (The Complete University Guide, 2010)
- Ranked 54 out of 109 Universities in UK (Times Higher Education, Annual National Student Experience Survey, 2009)
- Ranked 12 in the UK out of 151 Universities for employability,
ahead of Cambridge (20th) and Oxford (72nd). (HESA, 2013)
- Business courses at Derby are rated ‘Excellent’, with a rating of 22 out of 24 (UK Quality Assurance Agency)
- The Law School was rated in the top 5 (National Student Satisfaction Survey, 2009)
About the Award
Awarding Body: University of Derby, UK
- Graduates will be issued with the same University of Derby degree award certificate.
- There is no mention of online study on the University of Derby degree certificate.
You will be invited to attend a graduation ceremony at the University of Derby campus after fulfilled award requirements.
About the Programme
Take this online Cyber Security MSc and become part of the next generation of leading IT security professionals, fully equipped to respond rapidly to risks and problems. The subject is a regular hot topic in the news today on a global scale and online protection has never been more relevant.
This online Cyber Security MSc programme has been developed to teach you the very latest in information protection techniques, all delivered by academics at the leading edge of research into system penetration and intrusion analysis. As an online student, you will be able to draw on the extensive industrial links of our academic staff and share knowledge of best practice with fellow students all whilst navigating your course materials in our virtual learning environment.
Meet The Accelerating Demand for Professionals with Information Security Expertise
The speed with which the internet and information sharing has developed has exceeded the pace of secure infrastructure development. This online MSc Cyber Security is designed to help bridge this gap and meet the accelerating demand for professionals with proven information security expertise. Kill chains, zero-day attacks, ransomware, alert fatigue and budgetary constraints are just a few of the challenges that cyber security professionals face. Cyber security experts need a stronger understanding of these topics and many others, to be able to confront those challenges more effectively.
Create Secure Information Infrastructures
This course focuses on developing your knowledge and understanding of Information Infrastructures so that you are fully equipped to apply these skills to any organisation. You will build your understanding of the managerial and technical elements of information security, as well as enterprise level security using innovative techniques developed through latest research at the cutting edge of Cyber Security.
Understand the Legalities of Cyber Security
Develop your understanding of accountability in computer systems and the legalities behind Cyber Security. You will be introduced to the key concepts for human dimensions of cyber security, leading to an understanding of research practice in designing and running scientific studies.
The online MSc Cyber Security programme comprises three progressive stages; Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert), Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip) and Masters (MSc).
We will advise you of your study plan – the running order and availability of the modules – when you are invited to enrol. If we have insufficient numbers of students interested in an optional module, this may not be offered. In addition, where demand is high, some modules may be subject to a cap.
You will be required to achieve 60 credits to complete each award within the programme, totalling to 180 credits to achieve the Masters:
- Studying Masters Level and Research Methods
Postgraduate Certificate / Postgraduate Diploma:
- Security: Attacks and Countermeasures
- Advanced Security Protocols
- Enterprise Security Management
- Human and Legal Aspects of Cyber Security
- Securing Networks
- Independent Study
Programme Study Duration:
About 3 years of part time workload study, depending on your own study pace, study options chosen and module availability.
This course is assessed through 100% coursework with a range of methods such as essays, research reports, presentations, group work and practical reports.
Academic requirement :
- An honours degree (at least 2.2) in computing or a degree with substantial relevant content for the specialist discipline.
- If you don’t have a degree or an accredited degree, the University may consider your application if supported by significant industrial experience. Please include evidence of all experience you have in your application. Whilst the University guidelines on prior learning will be followed, RPL will only be recommended where applicants can present a portfolio of professional work, deemed to be of an appropriate level.
English language proficiency requirement:
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent, if English is not your first language you will need an English language qualification.
Open for application now
Click here to download
Programme information is correct at time of publish. The University reserves the right to make variations to the programme schedules, contents, information and fees without notice.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
For detailed information on the course and application procedures, please contact us
by phone at 3482 8241 / 3482 8251; or
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
click here to submit your enquiries online.
All contents and information, including but not limited to forms and navigation links, are proprietary to Success Institute of Higher Education and Professional Training Limited (Success Institute) and are subjected to copyright protection. Republication, redistribution or unauthorized use of any content or information contained in this website is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Success Institute.