MBA Global (CMI Accredited), Derby, UK
University of Derby, UK
Derby MBA is listed as one of the Top MBA in 2012 and 2013 by the Financial Times
Flexible, Convenience, Time & Money Saving
Join the online programme at the level which suits your experience and aspirations
University of Derby
The University of Derby, with origins traced back to 1851, is accredited by British Royal Charter. The University consists of Derby campus and Buxton campus that opened by Prince Charles. In 1995, the University became a charity.
The University offers a wide range of undergraduate and post-graduate degrees. In addition to on-campus study, the University offers an extensive of e-Learning programmes. There are 20,000 students, of whom more than 1,300 overseas students from around 100 countries worldwide.
University of Derby is an accredited University under British Royal Charter
|University of Derby|| |
|- Gold Standard Award |
Teaching Excellence Framework 2017,
Department of Education, UK
|- Ranked 81 out of 129 Universities |
Times Good University Guide, 2018
|- Ranked no. 7 in the East Midlands Region, UK |
(The Complete University Guide, 2010)
- Ranked 54 out of 109 Universities in UK
(Times Higher Education, Annual National Student Experience Survey, 2009)
- Ranked 12 in the UK out of 151 Universities for employability,
ahead of Cambridge (20th) and Oxford (72nd). (HESA, 2013)
- Business courses at Derby are rated 'Excellent', with a rating of 22 out of 24
(UK Quality Assurance Agency)
- The Law School was rated in the top 5
(National Student Satisfaction Survey, 2009)
A Professionally Accredited MBAThis programme is one of the few in the UK that has been designed in consultation with, and accredited by Chartered Management Institute (CMI). This means that it will help you towards achieving Chartered Manager status.
CMI is the leading body for Professional Management and enables you to make more of yourself as a manager, get involved in local events and use the Institute's Management Information Centre. It has one of the largest management libraries in the UK and also delivers a wide range of practical online information services to support your needs as you study for a management qualification.
About the Programme
This programme puts real-world learning and hands-on involvement at the forefront of your educational journey. Moving beyond a classroom based education, your assignments will require you to implement your theoretical knowledge to tackle contemporary scenarios faced by global businesses ever day. Stimulating case studies and projects will allow you to experience genuine logistical, operational and managerial challenges faced by international businesses. By encouraging you to engage in lateral thinking to solve problems from a fresh new perspective, upon completion of the course you will be prepared with the vision and confidence to critically evaluate and react to any situation.
Students will mature knowledge of topics including strategic leadership, financial management, global operations, markets and resources, business research methods and data analysis. The later stages of this programme will then focus on key themes in international business such as risk management and global supply chain management.
- Strategic and Financial Performance Management (20 credits)
- Critical Perspectives in Strategic Management & Leadership (20 credits)
- Global Strategic Operations, Markets and Resources (20 credits)
- Business Research Methods and Data Analysis (20 credits)
- Risk Management in a Global Context (20 credits)
- Global Supply Chain Management and Logistics (20 credits)
- Independent Study or Corporate Placement Project (60 credits)
ExemptionMax. exemption up to 2/3 of the programme
"The MBA has been a life changing experience. I no longer look at other departments within my business as being separate functions. I enjoyed the programme and the mode of study. I would definitely recommend it to others." James Perry
"It is an enjoyable and career enhancing experience that fitted around my busy work commitments and family life." Richard Hopkins
"There was plenty of interaction between tutors and students to help me." Elly Philips
1.5 to 3 years, depending on individual student's study pace.
Studying this course online enables you to enhance your abilities through part-time, online learning while still focusing on what's important. This means you can fit your studies around any existing work or personal commitments. You'll learn from our highly respected faculty whose world-class teaching advances business thinking. You'll be engaged with experienced practitioners who are consultants, working for renowned corporations and government agencies worldwide.
By Coursework and/or Examination
- A good honours degree (mim. upper second class) in any subject, or a professional qualification deemed to be of equivalent standing.
- Candidates without a Bachelor degree or equivalent professional qualification but have significant management experience and substantial record of achievement, will also be considered on individual basis.
Work experience requirement:
- In addition to graduate status, students will be expected to have a level of work experience. The evidence will be assessed on an individual basis and should be supported by employer references.
English language proficiency requirement:
- IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, if your previous academic / professional qualifiction is not assessed by English
EnquiriesFor detailed information on the course and application procedures, please contact us
- online by click here
- by phone at 3482 8241 / 3482 8251
- by email at email@example.com
Programme information is correct at time of publish. The University reserves the right to make variations to the programme schedules, contents, information and fees without notice.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
All contents and information, including but not limited to forms and navigation links, are proprietary to Success Institute of Higher Education and Professional Training Limited (Success Institute) and are subjected to copyright protection. Republication, redistribution or unauthorized use of any content or information contained in this website is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Success Institute.