Bachelor of Accounting
Founded in 1989, Charles Sturt University (澳洲 查爾斯特大學, CSU) is the 8th largest Australian public university, offering over 300 programs with range from PhD, DBA, Master and Bachelor degrees.
CSU offers programs through 5 main campuses in the New South Wales region (Alburby-Wodonga, Bathurst, Orange, Port Macquarie, Wagga Wagga); study centers located on Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Online, to provide convenient access to students.
CSU is one of the most experienced providers of online education in Australia. Every year, more than 25,000 students around the world study through CSU world-class online education program.
Back to topAccreditation Status
中國教育部 - 認證資料
Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China - Accreditation Information
(請按此 Please click here)
- CSU is a Member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
- CSU is a 3 Star AEN rated University
Looking for a platform for an exciting and meaningful business career?
CSU's accredited Bachelor of Accounting provides a professional accounting qualification designed to meet the academic requirements of both CPA Australia and the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
Graduate will also be eligible to join the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants at the member level without further study and to become an Associate of the Institute of Public Accountants.
Want to see the world while you work? An accounting degree can take you anywhere, from large multi-national organisations in the world's most exciting cities to small to medium businesses across regional Australia.
- You won't just learn accounting – you'll live it When you study accounting with CSU you'll undertake a work placement program of 100 hours. All your accounting subjects will feature work-integrated learning and assessment. You'll be job-ready as a highly employable CSU graduate.
- You can come to us or we can come to you As well as having campuses across regional NSW, CSU is one of the largest and most experienced online higher education providers. Online and on-campus classes offer personal engagement and support from our industry-aligned professional educators. CSU also gives you the opportunity to graduate sooner by offering select subjects in the summer session.
- You gain a passport to seek globally recognised professional qualifications CSU's accounting degree is accredited by CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand. You'll be ready to take the next step and join a worldwide network of chartered accountants and certified practising accountants.
- You can add another qualification and expand your possibilities CSU's flexible program of study gives you room to specialise in a second discipline through joint studies. Add options to your accounting qualification by also studying banking, economics, finance, human resource management, marketing or even psychology.
The Bachelor of Accounting consists of 18 core and 6 unrestricted electives.
Students must ensure that there are no more than 12 level one subjects in their degree. The level of a subject is designated by the first digit in the subject code, e.g. ACC100 is a level one subject.
ACC100 Accounting 1
ACC110 Accounting 2
ACC200 Accounting Systems
ACC210 Management Accounting
ACC222 External Reporting
ACC275 Professional Practice in Accounting
ACC311 Strategic and Sustainable Accounting
ACC322 Company Accounting
ACC331 Auditing & Assurance Services
ACC341 Accounting Theory
ECO130 Business Economics
FIN211 Financial Management
LAW110 Business Law
LAW220 Business Organisations Law
LAW301 Taxation Law (Principles)
MGT100 Organisations and Management
MGT230 Ethics, Sustainability and Culture
QBM117 Business Statistics
Students may undertake six (6) unrestricted electives as their electives.
(An unrestricted elective is a subject that may be chosen from virtually any subject on offer across the University provided prerequisites, assumed knowledge, enrolment restrictions and any other Faculty requirements have been met.)
Please note that the following subjects have a Workplace Learning component:
ACC275 - Professional Practice in Accounting
Your CSU accounting degree requires 100 hours of work placement through core second year subject ACC275 Professional Practice in Accounting. You can choose to do your placement locally, interstate or internationally, and it could even be with your current employer.
If you are unable to undertake a placement (for example, you are an international student unable to participate in work placements due to current Australian Government visa regulations) you will complete structured learning activities to build your employability skills, including applying for jobs, completing job applications and preparing for job interviews.
About 3 to 6 years, depending on your own study pace
When you study with CSU, we’ll be with you all the way, helping you develop your study and academic skills in person, online or over the phone. Whatever your situation, Student Central is your first point of call as a CSU student. Our friendly support team can answer all your questions, whether you are studying on campus or online.
Accountants hold some of the most dynamic and influential positions in the world. That's because every organisation, in every industry – from agriculture to mining, from global finance to not-for-profit – relies on innovative people who can solve complex business problems. Choose your own path with a CSU accounting degree.
- Public practice Utilise your broad skillset to provide a variety of auditing, advisory, taxation, insolvency and recovery services to clients.
- Commerce and industry Put your budget planning, management accounting, internal auditing, strategic planning and policy formation skills to work for any sized organisation.
- Government, semi-government and non-profit organisations Make a difference by applying your financial accountability, budgeting and performance measurement, policy formulation and cost-benefit analysis skills for the public good.
Accounting qualifications are also highly sought after in the community. Beyond your day job, you could contribute your expertise to a local community organisation through a board or committee position, or another worthy cause close to your heart.
Applicants for the Bachelor of Accounting must meet either one of the following Admission Requirements:
- A completed High School Certificate (or equivalent) with an ATAR of at least 65 (including bonuses).
- Successful completion of at least two subjects at AQF (Australian Qualifications Framework) or Bachelor degree level or equivalent in any discipline.
- A completed Vocational Education and Training (VET) Certificate III or higher, studied at a TAFE or RTO (Registered Training Organisation), or equivalent.
- A completed Tertiary Preparation Certificate (TPC) or bridging program studied at a TAFE, RTO (Registered Training Organisation) or University, or equivalent.
- Partial completion of a Vocational Education and Training (VET) Diploma, of at least 50% from a TAFE or RTO (Registered Training Organisation), or equivalent.
- Work experience of at least two years with some elements of business management or supervision, demonstrated by a detailed resume.
Credit Transfer / Exemption
English Language Proficiency
Minimum CSU English Language Proficiency Requirements apply.
Credit for prior learning and credit for current competencies will be granted to eligible applicants.
Credit will be considered on a case-by-case basis and may be offered for equivalent level studies.
Session 1 2018 (Feb - Jun)
Session 2 2018 (Jul - Oct)
Session 3 2018 (Nov - Feb)
Enquiries For detailed information on the course and application procedures, please contact us
by phone at 3482 8241 / 3482 8251; or
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
click here to submit your enquiries online.
Programme information is correct at time of publish. The University reserves the right to make variations to the programme schedules, contents, information and fees without notice.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
All contents and information, including but not limited to forms and navigation links, are proprietary to Success Institute of Higher Education and Professional Training Limited (Success Institute) and are subjected to copyright protection. Republication, redistribution or unauthorized use of any content or information contained in this website is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Success Institute.