Master of Professional Accounting
Founded in 1989, Charles Sturt University (澳洲 查爾斯特大學, CSU) is the 8th largest Australian public university, offering over 300 programs with range from PhD, DBA, Master and Bachelor degrees.
CSU offers programs through 5 main campuses in the New South Wales region (Alburby-Wodonga, Bathurst, Orange, Port Macquarie, Wagga Wagga); study centers located on Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Online, to provide convenient access to students.
CSU is one of the most experienced providers of online education in Australia. Every year, more than 25,000 students around the world study through CSU world-class online education program.
Back to topAccreditation Status
中國教育部 - 認證資料
Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China - Accreditation Information
(請按此 Please click here)
- CSU is a Member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
- CSU is a 3 Star AEN rated University
Looking for a platform for an exciting and meaningful business career?
CSU's accredited Master of Professional Accounting (12 subjects) provides a professional accounting qualification designed to meet the academic requirements of both CPA Australia
and the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
The program is designed to build on non-accounting undergraduate studies or an overseas undergraduate accounting degree that is not recognised by Australian professional accounting bodies.
- Valuable skill set You will study the conceptual basis and principles of accounting practice, the impact of the business environment on accounting theory and its application, and regulatory requirements controlling the accounting process. You'll also learn to understand and apply principles and analytical techniques from economics, commercial law, business communications and quantitative methods in the accounting context.
- Flexible study options This degree is available for online study, or international students may choose to study at our Port Macquarie campus or CSU Study Centres in Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney. If you are studying online, you will learn through online study materials, video-captured lectures, online meetings and subject forums. You can also fast-track your degree by completing up to four subjects a session.
- Learn from the best in the business Academic staff in the School of Accounting and Finance are industry experts who bridge the gap between the theories of your studies and their application in the workplace. They are committed to providing quality teaching in a supportive learning environment.
The Master of Professional Accounting consists of 12 eight point subjects (total 96 points).
ACC566 Accounting Systems & Processes
ACC512 Management Accounting for Costs & Control
ACC539 Accounting Information Systems
ACC514 Financial Accounting
ACC515 Accounting & Finance
ACC544 Decision Support Tools
ACC567 Financial Accounting 2
ACC518 Current Developments in Accounting Thought
ECO511 Economics for Business
LAW504 Business and Corporations Law
LAW505 Taxation 1
About 1 to 2 years, depending on your own study pace
Sample Study Pattern
|1 Year Study Pattern:|
4 Subject x 3 Sessions
|4||4||4|| || || |
|1.5 Year Study Pattern:|
3 Subject x 4 Sessions
|3||3||3|| 3|| || |
|2 Year Study Pattern:|
2 Subject x 6 Sessions
As a HDR candidate, CSU recognise you'll need specialised support to help you achieve your research goals.
- Research Office: the central point of contact for researchers and supervisors
- Research Support Services: support candidates across their research endeavours and careers
- Academic and personal support
Whatever industry you'd like to work in and wherever you'd like to live, CSU's accounting courses can take you there.
As a graduate, you could provide auditing, advisory, taxation, insolvency and recovery services to clients, or put your budget planning, management accounting, internal auditing, strategic planning and policy formation skills to work in any sized organisation.
You could also make a difference by applying your financial accountability, budgeting and performance measurement, policy formulation and cost-benefit analysis skills for the public good.
Credit Transfer / Exemption
Master of Professional Accounting (12 subjects)
Applicants are required to have an undergraduate degree from a recognised Australian tertiary institution (or equivalent).
The undergraduate degree must be in a field other than Accounting, or not recognised by the Australian Accounting professional bodies for associate membership.
Applicants without an undergraduate degree from a recognised Australian tertiary institution (or equivalent) will be considered for admission via the Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting or Graduate Diploma of Accounting on the basis of professional attainment and/or work experience. Upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate/Graduate Diploma, students will then be eligible for admission to the Master of Professional Accounting (16 subjects) and receive credit for applicable subjects.
Credit for prior learning and credit for current competencies will be granted to eligible applicants.
Credit will be considered on a case-by-case basis and may be offered for equivalent doctoral level studies.
Session 1 2018 (Feb - Jun)
Session 2 2018 (Jul - Oct)
Session 3 2018 (Nov - Feb)
Enquiries For detailed information on the course and application procedures, please contact us
by phone at 3482 8241 / 3482 8251; or
by email at email@example.com; or
click here to submit your enquiries online.
Programme information is correct at time of publish. The University reserves the right to make variations to the programme schedules, contents, information and fees without notice.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
All contents and information, including but not limited to forms and navigation links, are proprietary to Success Institute of Higher Education and Professional Training Limited (Success Institute) and are subjected to copyright protection. Republication, redistribution or unauthorized use of any content or information contained in this website is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Success Institute.