DBA (Doctor of Business Administration 工商管理博士)
Founded in 1989, Charles Sturt University (澳洲 查爾斯特大學, CSU) is the 8th largest Australian public university, offering over 300 programs with range from PhD, DBA, Master and Bachelor degrees.
CSU offers programs through 5 main campuses in the New South Wales region (Alburby-Wodonga, Bathurst, Orange, Port Macquarie, Wagga Wagga); study centers located on Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Online, to provide convenient access to students.
CSU is one of the most experienced providers of online education in Australia. Every year, more than 25,000 students around the world study through CSU world-class online education program.
Back to top
中國教育部 - 認證資料
Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China - Accreditation Information
(請按此 Please click here)
- CSU is a Member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
- CSU is a 3 Star AEN rated University
Take your business expertise to the highest level.
CSU Doctor of Business Administration (DBA 工商管理博士學位) is a research-based professional doctorate designed to enhance your professional practice and further your knowledge of business, management and administration.
Providing a strongly industry focused and practically relevant education, this degree will suit you if you have a business or management background and wish to develop advanced research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Each student must successfully complete four doctoral level subjects (total 64 points)
- DBA711 Research Issues in Business
- DBA712 Research Methodology for Business
- DBA713 Developing a Literature Review
- DBA714 Business Specialisation Research
The student, under the direction of the appointed supervisors, will identify, analyse and propose solutions to current problems confronting professional practice in business through the application of knowledge, thereby improving professional practice or understanding.
The original contribution to knowledge in a DBA theses must encompass at least one of the following:
- demonstrating specialised research skills that enhance problem identification and problem solving in management or public policy;
- extending knowledge or change processes in business or professional practice;
- developing innovative approaches to the application of knowledge to the candidate's business or profession;
- identifying relationships between research and broader knowledge within the business field.
Students will enrol in one of the following research subjects during the period of their candidature:
- DBA717 Thesis (Full-time) (128 Points)
- DBA718 Thesis (Part-time) (128 Points)
Duration and Enrolment Pattern
Full-time: 3 years (6 sessions)
- Session 1: DBA711, DBA712
- Session 2: DBA713, DBA714
- Session 3 to 6: DBA717
Part-time: 6 years (12 sessions)
- Session 1: DBA711
- Session 2: DBA712
- Session 3: DBA713
- Session 4: DBA714
- Session 5 to 12: DBA718
As a HDR candidate, CSU recognise you'll need specialised support to help you achieve your research goals.
- Research Office: the central point of contact for researchers and supervisors
- Research Support Services: support candidates across their research endeavours and careers
- Academic and personal support
Completion of a DBA demonstrates that you have advanced research skills and the capacity to reflect on and solve contemporary business challenges.
As a DBA graduate, you could work in management or research in private or public sector organisations in roles such as:
- business analyst
- research analyst
- manager of research operations
- research consultant
With advanced discipline and professional knowledge, you would have a strong case for promotion to senior managerial roles.
General entry requirements:
- A MBA degree or Masters Degree in Business, or hold an equivalent qualification from a recognised Australian tertiary institution, or hold and international qualification deemed to be equivalent (as determined by NOOSR).
To gain entry to the program students will normally have achieved a credit average (or equivalent) in their MBA (or equivalent) studies as a demonstration of their capacity to undertake postgraduate work at an advanced level.
In addition to acceptable academic qualifications, an applicant for admission shall:Credit Transfer / Exemption
- have a minimum of five years of relevant business experience, and
- be working in business or have access to business such that the practical requirements of the program and the research can be undertaken.
Credit for prior learning and credit for current competencies will be granted to eligible applicants.
Credit will be considered on a case-by-case basis and may be offered for equivalent doctoral level studies.
Session 1 2018 (Feb - Jun)
Session 2 2018 (Jul - Oct)
Enquiries For detailed information on the course and application procedures, please contact us
by phone at 3482 8241 / 3482 8251; or
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
click here to submit your enquiries online.
Programme information is correct at time of publish. The University reserves the right to make variations to the programme schedules, contents, information and fees without notice.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
All contents and information, including but not limited to forms and navigation links, are proprietary to Success Institute of Higher Education and Professional Training Limited (Success Institute) and are subjected to copyright protection. Republication, redistribution or unauthorized use of any content or information contained in this website is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Success Institute.