BSc (Hons) Management Accounting, Derby, UK
(Top-Up, Final Year)
管理會計 榮譽學位 (一年銜接學位)
University of Derby, UK
Top up Final Year Degree for Holders of
Advanced Diploma / Higher Diploma / Associate Degree
in business / accounting / finance
or partially completed ACCA CIMA ICAEW CIPFA
University of Derby
About the Programme
The University of Derby, with origins traced back to 1851, is accredited by British Royal Charter. The University consists of Derby campus and Buxton campus that opened by Prince Charles. In 1995, the University became a charity.
The University offers a wide range of undergraduate and post-graduate degrees. In addition to on-campus study, the University offers an extensive of e-Learning programmes. There are 20,000 students, of whom more than 1,300 overseas students from around 100 countries worldwide.
University of Derby is an accredited University under British Royal Charter
|University of Derby|| |
|- Gold Standard Award |
Teaching Excellence Framework 2017,
Department of Education, UK
|- Ranked 81 out of 129 Universities |
Times Good University Guide, 2018
|- Ranked no. 7 in the East Midlands Region, UK |
(The Complete University Guide, 2010)
- Ranked 54 out of 109 Universities in UK
(Times Higher Education, Annual National Student Experience Survey, 2009)
- Ranked 12 in the UK out of 151 Universities for employability,
ahead of Cambridge (20th) and Oxford (72nd). (HESA, 2013)
- Business courses at Derby are rated 'Excellent', with a rating of 22 out of 24
(UK Quality Assurance Agency)
- The Law School was rated in the top 5
(National Student Satisfaction Survey, 2009)
The BSc (Hon) Management Accounting Top-Up degree will equip you with the relevant skills to pursue management accounting positions within a sector of your choice.
- It allows you to top up existing qualifications to a full Management Accounting undergraduate degree with just one more year of study.
- It explores the complex and challenging nature of the management accounting and business environment.
- It is ideally suited to holders of CIMA’s Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting and those interested in obtaining a degree in Management Accounting who have professional accounting qualifications or external business, finance or accountancy qualifications (up to level 5).
- It offers students an accounting curriculum that is up to date, vocationally relevant, challenging and reflects the complex and challenging nature of the management accounting and business environment.
Derby teaching staff are all professionally qualified and have industry and academic experience. As well as teaching on degree programmes, they are also teaching on the professional body courses - ACCA and CIMA. This means that they are aware of and work to the latest and most current professional standards, so you'll benefit from their expertise and understanding of the modern business world.
You can study at home, at work, anywhere, anytime that suit you. All you need is a computer with internet access.
Your study materials will be available through the internet. You’re supported through the course by your tutor who is only a click away. You will be able to communicate with other students and your tutors online, through discussion groups and email, so you will be part of an online community for your course.
This course appeals to those already in middle management level roles but would like to progress to more senior roles. It can provide you with the skills to help you apply for roles such as:
- Business Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Management Consultant
- Financial Controller
"My degree is equipping me with the right tools for work when I graduate, not just theoretically but also practically as there are lots of opportunities to practise what you have learnt." Luke Rowarth, BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
"Derby degree programme made it accessible for me to achieve my ambition of gaining a degree without having to attend classes weekly, enabling me to continue with my studies whilst maintaining a full time job." Karen Finucare
"It is an enjoyable and career enhancing experience that fitted around my busy work commitments and family life." Richard Hopkins
"There was plenty of interaction between tutors and students to help me." Elly Philips
- Financial Strategy (20 credits)
- Independent Study (40 credits)
- Research Methods (20 credits)
- Risk Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Management (20 credits)
You can complete the final stage of programme in 1 to 2 years depending on your study pace.
Coursework may include essays, reports, projects, answering questions, or various combinations of these submitted as a portfolio of work.
You should normally have:
1. English language proficiency
2. One of the followings or equivalent qualifications:
- HND in business, accountancy or finance
- Advanced Diploma in business, accounting or finance (at level 6 of Australian Qualification Framework)
- Edexcel BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Business with accountancy or finance
- ACCA - Any 6 papers from F1-F9
- CIMA Advance Diploma (E2/P2/F2) in Management Accounting
- ICAEW Professional Stage qualifications
- CIPFA Professional Diploma
If you do not have the above but have one of the followings, you may be eligible to join the programme after passing a level 5 "Macro-economics for Business" module:
- CIMA Operational level plus at least 3 years of relevant full time work experience within the financial sector
- ACCA F1-F3 plus at least 3 years of relevant full time work experience within the financial sector
- HNC in business, finance or accountancy plus 3 years relevant full time work experience within the financial sector
If you have completed CIMA's Strategic Level modules (E3/P3/F3) you may submit your examination report to us for exemption assessment.
EnquiriesFor detailed information on the course and application procedures, please contact us
- online by click here
- by phone at 3482 8241 / 3482 8251
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Programme information is correct at time of publish. The University reserves the right to make variations to the programme schedules, contents, information and fees without notice.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
All contents and information, including but not limited to forms and navigation links, are proprietary to Success Institute of Higher Education and Professional Training Limited (Success Institute) and are subjected to copyright protection. Republication, redistribution or unauthorized use of any content or information contained in this website is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Success Institute.