MSc Finance, Derby, UK
Flexible, Convenience, Time & Money Saving
Join the online programme at the level which suits your experience and aspirations
CFA Institute University Affiliation Programme- Corporate Finance - 20 credits
University of Derby MSc Finance is recognised as a CFA Institute University Affiliation Programme
, signalling to students and employers that this course is closely tied to professional practice and well-suited to preparing you for the CFA examinations. The CFA Institute is the global association of investment professional that sets the standard for professional excellence and administers the industry gold standard CFA charter.
University of Derby
The University of Derby, with origins traced back to 1851, is accredited by British Royal Charter. The University consists of Derby campus and Buxton campus that opened by Prince Charles. In 1995, the University became a charity.
The University offers a wide range of undergraduate and post-graduate degrees. In addition to on-campus study, the University offers an extensive of e-Learning programmes. There are 20,000 students, of whom more than 1,300 overseas students from around 100 countries worldwide.
|University of Derby|| |
|- Gold Standard Award |
Teaching Excellence Framework 2017,
Department of Education, UK
|- Ranked 81 out of 129 Universities |
Times Good University Guide, 2018
|- Ranked no. 7 in the East Midlands Region, UK |
(The Complete University Guide, 2010)
- Ranked 54 out of 109 Universities in UK
(Times Higher Education, Annual National Student Experience Survey, 2009)
- Ranked 12 in the UK out of 151 Universities for employability,
ahead of Cambridge (20th) and Oxford (72nd). (HESA, 2013)
- Business courses at Derby are rated 'Excellent', with a rating of 22 out of 24
(UK Quality Assurance Agency)
- The Law School was rated in the top 5
(National Student Satisfaction Survey, 2009)
University of Derby is an accredited University under British Royal Charter
About the Programme
Developed to meet the growing demand for professionals within the finance sector.
This unique MSc Finance degree gives you the flexibility to achieve a recognised financial award in specialist areas such as Islamic Banking and Finance, International Finance or Investment Banking.
Improve your career prospects by acquiring the financial theory and practical skills required to work within emerging finance sectors. This course is ideally suited to financial roles in areas such as corporate finance, investment banking, commodities trading or Islamic banking.
By acquiring this postgraduate qualification you'll be in a stronger position when applying for senior roles as a banker, finance analyst, comodity trader or financial advisor within the corporate sector and specialised financial institutions.
You'll build your academic qualifications through acquiring subect knowledge, numeracy skills and other soft skills desired by employers within the finance sector
Specialist awards that complement your career
According to your personal needs and interest, you can
- study for a full Master degree or Postgradute Certificate with specialist award
- tailor the programme to your personal and professional interests
Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert) (60 credits):
2 core modules + 1 relevant specialist module
- PG Cert Finance
- PG Cert Commodity Trading
- PG Cert International Finance
- PG Cert Investment Banking Take it as example, students should complete the following modules:
- Corporate Finance (core)
- Ethics and Corporate Governance (core)
- Investment Banking (optional module)
Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip) (120 credits):
3 core modules + 2 optional modules + Research Methods
- PG Dip Finance
Master of Science (MSc) (180 credits):
3 core modules + 2 optional modules (including 1 relevant specialist module)
+ Research Methods + Independent Scholarship (triple module)
- MSc Finance:
- MSc Finance (Commodity Trading)
- MSc Finance (International Finance)
- MSc Finance (Investment Banking)
- Ethics and Croporate Governance - 20 credits
- Research Methods (PG Dip and MSc only) - 20 credits
- Independent Scholarship (MSc only) - 60 credits
- Corporate Financial Strategies - 20 credits
- Fixed Income Securities - 20 credits
- Commodities Trading - 20 credits
- Investment Banking - 20 credits
- International Finance - 20 credits
One to three years, depending on individual student's study plan and pace.
You should normally have
1. Proficiency in English
- If your previous academic/professional qualification is not assessed by English,
IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 580
2. Recognised degree from any subject area or equivalent qualification; or
- ACCA F1-F9; or
- CIMA Strategic Level; or
- HND/Level 5 qualification + 2 years relevant managerial experience within
- Candidates without formal undergraduate qualifications but have 4 years of
relevant work experience, will also be considered and be required to pass
one of the following level 6 modules of the University:
- Financial Strategy / Risk Management / Strategic Management
EnquiriesFor detailed information on the course and application procedures, please contact us
- online by click here
- by phone at 3482 8241 / 3482 8251
- by email at email@example.com
Programme information is correct at time of publish. The University reserves the right to make variations to the programme schedules, contents, information and fees without notice.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
All contents and information, including but not limited to forms and navigation links, are proprietary to Success Institute of Higher Education and Professional Training Limited (Success Institute) and are subjected to copyright protection. Republication, redistribution or unauthorized use of any content or information contained in this website is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Success Institute.